If you're using a Sonic girdle, pay close attention to the dip stick, before you bolt the sump on.
FX Holden Race Car Project
-
v6bucket
- Posts: 769
- Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:02 am
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Coming along nicely.
If you're using a Sonic girdle, pay close attention to the dip stick, before you bolt the sump on.
If you're using a Sonic girdle, pay close attention to the dip stick, before you bolt the sump on.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Getting a bit hard to put this car back to original. Saw an EH the other day with a supercharged gen3. He told me he was going to get it engineered on Monday. I wished him good luck with that one. NSW.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I just recieved a box of steam pipe bends the other day, just waiting on header flanges now!heff0018 wrote:What are you making the turbo manifold out of?
yeah not with the blower he wont!Charlescrown wrote:Saw an EH the other day with a supercharged gen3. He told me he was going to get it engineered on Monday. I wished him good luck with that one. NSW.
Thanks for the tip! i hadn't even thought about that, but i did go to an external oil pickup because of the girdle! I am going to have to massage the sump a bit so i'll have plenty of time to work it out.v6bucket wrote:If you're using a Sonic girdle, pay close attention to the dip stick, before you bolt the sump on.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
firebug
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
- cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28 - Location: Newcastle NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Mmm so full of shiny Speedflow trinkets!
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
-
Macca97
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 am
- cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects
- Location: Mid North Coast
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
gota love speedflow, especially when there in town :p
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
-
heff0018
- Posts: 1061
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
- cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Cool, that's what mine is made from. Wish I could say I made it myself though.Holden202T wrote:I just recieved a box of steam pipe bends the other day, just waiting on header flanges now!heff0018 wrote:What are you making the turbo manifold out of?
I will be watching with interest
-
Macca97
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 am
- cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects
- Location: Mid North Coast
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
greens nice is up forsale, should buy it and have twins
, oh how id love to buy it,
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
if only I had the room and money!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
So I finally got the bits I need to progress a few areas
So this little adaptor allows me to run an external oil pickup
And this fitting will be welded to the side of the sump with the pickup welded inside, for reference this is a chev pickup I found on ebay.
I also got around to cutting out the end of the surge tank base and made a mount for the lift pump, so the fuel system is in the boot at least is 100% complete now aside from wiring.
Also started making up some piping for the turbo manifold, I've decided on a location for the turbo and slowly starting to work through that puzzle, mind you its going to be a walk in the park compared to the room I had in the gemini!
So this little adaptor allows me to run an external oil pickup
And this fitting will be welded to the side of the sump with the pickup welded inside, for reference this is a chev pickup I found on ebay.
I also got around to cutting out the end of the surge tank base and made a mount for the lift pump, so the fuel system is in the boot at least is 100% complete now aside from wiring.
Also started making up some piping for the turbo manifold, I've decided on a location for the turbo and slowly starting to work through that puzzle, mind you its going to be a walk in the park compared to the room I had in the gemini!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Nice progress.