FX Holden Race Car Project
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Nice set of triple su's on that hot grey motor 
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
yeah stock as factory spec HQ355 
This is a pic I found on the googleweb, its pretty close to what mine looked like .... obviously you don't need to see the steel comparison!
On that subject, searching ebay I couldn't find these at all, so I can only assume theres not much call for Bakelite ones in rebuilds!
This is a pic I found on the googleweb, its pretty close to what mine looked like .... obviously you don't need to see the steel comparison!
On that subject, searching ebay I couldn't find these at all, so I can only assume theres not much call for Bakelite ones in rebuilds!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Like how does that even work? wouldn't they shatter under high load?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
fucked if it know lol .... I guess if a Bakelite cam gear works for 200,000kms its probably under more pressure than a piston in the brake caliper.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I was of the opinion that the cam gears where resin and glass....
At least bakelite doesn't rust
At least bakelite doesn't rust
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
gtrboyy
- Posts: 197
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
- cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores - Location: Sydney
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
It's going to look good that colour with all that ol' holden chromework.
It's swallowed that rear tyre easy enough.
It's swallowed that rear tyre easy enough.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
yes cam gears are SRBF (synthetic resin bonded fabric ). bakelite is a completely different material and no where near as tough and wear resistance as SRBF.Biggvl wrote:I was of the opinion that the cam gears where resin and glass....
At least bakelite doesn't rust
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
bakelite is pretty hard, but it shatters on impact. When its transmitting force in a contained space, I guess it does alight. If you have an old bakelite phone though, dont drop it on concrete.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Are these Bakelite pistons from a std caliper? If so I am surprised. I suppose they are lighter and corrosion resistant but who would use them? By the way the car is looking great.
-
firebug
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
- cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28 - Location: Newcastle NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
That blue is growing on me... 
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"