FX Holden Race Car Project
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Would have to be a shot glass in a scale model car. I don't think so. I see another red project car in one of the shots to the right of the 48/215.
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
I was pleased he actually made the reference easy to see
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Twice!jenko wrote:I was pleased he actually made the reference easy to see
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
theres no pleasing some people lol 
and yes its home brew, so you wont be seeing it in a "commercial" bottle best I can do for next time is to have a proper schooner glass I guess .... actually I have one with an old holden logo on it that might work well!
and yes its home brew, so you wont be seeing it in a "commercial" bottle best I can do for next time is to have a proper schooner glass I guess .... actually I have one with an old holden logo on it that might work well!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Passenger side floor is cut out and done 
So the other day I posted the following ....
so found some good metal eventually then made a plate to replace it all.
I've also pretty much replaced the rest of the dog leg .....
the inner guard section which would be beside the seat in the cabin.
the bottom of that area where they attached the new sill to the car ......................................
Theres about 15-20 hours in this area of the car so far, and its still not finished.... this is all practice for the other side which is pretty much the same!
and while I've been doing all this, the wife has been playing with a new vinyl cutting machine she just got!
So the other day I posted the following ....
well ............. the more I cut the worse it got, the bit on the top and side was a plate over the original rust, it just cracked off as I was cutting with the grinder....Holden202T wrote:This is whats left after I ground all the bird shit weld off, will probably cut and re-do this part!
so found some good metal eventually then made a plate to replace it all.
I've also pretty much replaced the rest of the dog leg .....
the inner guard section which would be beside the seat in the cabin.
the bottom of that area where they attached the new sill to the car ......................................
Theres about 15-20 hours in this area of the car so far, and its still not finished.... this is all practice for the other side which is pretty much the same!
and while I've been doing all this, the wife has been playing with a new vinyl cutting machine she just got!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Nice work.
Happy wife, happy life
PCM Hacking shirts anyone?
Happy wife, happy life
PCM Hacking shirts anyone?
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Thats some excellent rust repair work, well it is now! Certainly a bit of a shit show before hand. You will be able to knock out the other side in half the time 
-
firebug
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
- cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28 - Location: Newcastle NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
Oohh someone has been busy!
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
lol @ the MIG wire shot thru on the previous repair.
nice work bud as always!
nice work bud as always!
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: FX Holden Race Car Project
yeah its a common theme on this cars previous repairs, I know when I first got my mig it came with a roll of 0.8mm wire, that was bad enough for welding anything thin, and this stuff looks to be thicker again!psyolent wrote:lol @ the MIG wire shot thru on the previous repair.
nice work bud as always!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread