FX Holden Race Car Project

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Charlescrown »

Would have to be a shot glass in a scale model car. I don't think so. I see another red project car in one of the shots to the right of the 48/215.
User avatar
jenko
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by jenko »

I was pleased he actually made the reference easy to see
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by immortality »

jenko wrote:I was pleased he actually made the reference easy to see
Twice!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

theres no pleasing some people lol :)

and yes its home brew, so you wont be seeing it in a "commercial" bottle best I can do for next time is to have a proper schooner glass I guess .... actually I have one with an old holden logo on it that might work well!
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

Passenger side floor is cut out and done :)
20171227_191145.jpg
So the other day I posted the following ....
Holden202T wrote:This is whats left after I ground all the bird shit weld off, will probably cut and re-do this part!
P1000229.JPG
well ............. the more I cut the worse it got, the bit on the top and side was a plate over the original rust, it just cracked off as I was cutting with the grinder....
20180101_162051.jpg
so found some good metal eventually then made a plate to replace it all.
20180101_174304.jpg
I've also pretty much replaced the rest of the dog leg .....
20171229_152544.jpg
the inner guard section which would be beside the seat in the cabin.
20171229_152605.jpg
the bottom of that area where they attached the new sill to the car ......................................
20171229_155010.jpg
20171231_174249.jpg
20180101_174319.jpg
20180101_175512.jpg
20180101_175518.jpg
Theres about 15-20 hours in this area of the car so far, and its still not finished.... this is all practice for the other side which is pretty much the same!

and while I've been doing all this, the wife has been playing with a new vinyl cutting machine she just got! :punk:
FB_IMG_1514437914744.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by immortality »

Nice work.

Happy wife, happy life :)

PCM Hacking shirts anyone? :D
User avatar
VL400
Posts: 4991
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by VL400 »

Thats some excellent rust repair work, well it is now! Certainly a bit of a shit show before hand. You will be able to knock out the other side in half the time :lol:
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by firebug »

Oohh someone has been busy!
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by psyolent »

lol @ the MIG wire shot thru on the previous repair.
nice work bud as always!
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Holden202T »

psyolent wrote:lol @ the MIG wire shot thru on the previous repair.
nice work bud as always!
yeah its a common theme on this cars previous repairs, I know when I first got my mig it came with a roll of 0.8mm wire, that was bad enough for welding anything thin, and this stuff looks to be thicker again!